Cruise control

Pipewelder

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 F250. I am a pipewelder. It has 153,000 miles. For the last 1000 the cruise control won't work until the engine is fully warmed up. Any thoughts or suggestions?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 F250. I am a pipewelder. It has 153,000 miles. For the last 1000 the cruise control won't work until the engine is fully warmed up. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Don't know what the "Warmed Up" part would have to do with the CC working.. but a common CC not working properly.. is the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) on the rear Diff. wearing out. @ 153K, if it's the origonal, you might replace It.. and see if that fixes the problem ?

10 minutes to R&R. +/- $50 ?

Joe

Pipewelder

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score

Appreciate it, will try tomorrow.

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
I have seen the time that the problem you are having is taken care of by just cleaning the metal gunk off from the VSS. Might save you a few bucks.
Jim

Powerstroke2000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've recently ran into an issue of getting a 'check engine light' (code) and when this happens it disables cruise control. Thankfully I have a tuner, so I can go in and clear the code...and all is well again. I see to have a 'fuel rail pressure low' code popping up, but I have absolutely no hesitation when fully loaded climbing our mountain region hills here. I'm told the sensor for fuel pressure may be hooped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58