Curious About Power

chips2000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had a '93 non turbo F-250 and I think the advertised power was 190 hp. I now have a '99 F-250 PSD and was wondering if anyone knows what its advertised power and torque rating is. Is there a published source with that kind of information?

Thanks,

Chips200

SeeYa

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
chips2000 said:
I had a '93 non turbo F-250 and I think the advertised power was 190 hp. I now have a '99 F-250 PSD and was wondering if anyone knows what its advertised power and torque rating is. Is there a published source with that kind of information?

Thanks,

Chips200

If it's not in the manual, look on valve cover sticker. ;)

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should be like 225hp. SHould be on a sticker on the passenger side valve cover.

I think a few slipped thru with 250hp stickers, but its a mislabel.

chips2000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The reason I am asking is because a brother of mine bought a brand new 05 DuraMax a couple of months ago. I have not driven it yet, but have ridden in it and it is a nice truck. He does not know if he will do any upgrades or not as he is worried about voiding the warranties, and at 325 hp and 575 ft lbs (that number may not be quite right) he thinks that is enough power, that is until he drove my PSD the other night. He was blown away by how much more power it had compared to his DMax. I was surpised too, since I thought it was around 230 hp stock. All I have is a Diablo Sport set on high, Dynamax 4" exhaust and a DIY air Filter. I was not sure if the Diablo Sports claim of an increase of 100 hp and 205 lbs was right. I am running on 35" tires. I thought my modest set-up would make me about equal to the new Dmax, but I was wrong.

I am not saying all this to brag (well, maybe a little!), I am just sharing a little info about what happened. Next will be my sister and her husbands new un-modified 05 King Ranch 6.0 PSD, HEHE!!

Of course, once they mod their trucks.....

Chips2000

kwazyca

Sesquipedalian
Reaction score
chips2000 said:

Therein lies the problem. Tremedous power is available when you start modding a D-Max.

chips2000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Kwaycza: Not a problem for me as my truck does what I want it to do. Your sig tells me your Pavement Princess does what you want it to do. Impressive list of mods.

Chips2000

Car_nut57

Reaction score
chips2000 said:
The reason I am asking is because a brother of mine bought a brand new 05 DuraMax a couple of months ago. I have not driven it yet, but have ridden in it and it is a nice truck. He does not know if he will do any upgrades or not as he is worried about voiding the warranties, and at 325 hp and 575 ft lbs (that number may not be quite right) he thinks that is enough power, that is until he drove my PSD the other night. He was blown away by how much more power it had compared to his DMax. I was surpised too, since I thought it was around 230 hp stock. All I have is a Diablo Sport set on high, Dynamax 4" exhaust and a Kwik air Filter. I was not sure if the Diablo Sports claim of an increase of 100 hp and 205 lbs was right. I am running on 35" tires. I thought my modest set-up would make me about equal to the new Dmax, but I was wrong.

I am not saying all this to brag (well, maybe a little!), I am just sharing a little info about what happened. Next will be my sister and her husbands new un-modified 05 King Ranch 6.0 PSD, HEHE!!

Chips2000
Your brother with the D-Max should take a look at his throttle pedal travel. On many of hte D-Max trucks the pedal hits the floor long before giving the truck full throttle. This can easily be corrected by modying the pedal mount and shimming the bottom stud on the pedal. The gain in performance can be very significant.

chips2000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I will let him know that as he will be towing a 11,000 to 12,000 lb toy box.

Thanks,

Chips2000

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58