Damage to Truck with Spartan Tuner

HoustonRider

where are my KINGS?
Reaction score
I had the Spartan 210 w DPF delete (and lower hp choices) on my 09 King Ranch Crew.

Its fun at first, but the reality of spending $10,000 on another motor made me kick it back from 210hp to like 100 extra hp. What I focused on was the boost. When you could easily kick it up to peg the boost gauge (30lbs+), I thought that was too extreme for a stock motor, so I backed off. still fun wit an extra 75/100 hp, especially on a 6.4

Either way, if you put your foot into it for too long, you are running a risk.

hetner1102

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Programmer

I had the Spartan 210 w DPF delete (and lower hp choices) on my 09 King Ranch Crew.

Its fun at first, but the reality of spending $10,000 on another motor made me kick it back from 210hp to like 100 extra hp. What I focused on was the boost. When you could easily kick it up to peg the boost gauge (30lbs+), I thought that was too extreme for a stock motor, so I backed off. still fun wit an extra 75/100 hp, especially on a 6.4

Either way, if you put your foot into it for too long, you are running a risk.

I run my tuner the same way, on a mild setting only. My truck has a six inch lift, so I just ordered traction bars through super lift. The mild setting gives me spprox 110 HP also. I just don't know what to do with the truck, it doesmteven start. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

PaulBoss

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen any issues with SCT and the 6.4, you can also get custom tunes made especially for your vehicle with the SCT, they do not add as much hp as the Spartan, I think the Extreme only adds about 188 hp, you get the best gas mileage out of the high hp tunes as long as you keep your foot out of it, but the custom tuning dealers can make the tune whatever way you want it

VanityBuilder

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So, after all the reading and the amazing amount of info that all of you share I have officially made my decision on the combos... Hands down the most informative forum I'm on!
So, I called up Ben over at DPFDeletekits.com and the guy was awesome! Ordered my Spartan Phalanx, 5" DPF/Cat delete exhaust and EGR kit. Already installed the AFE stage 2 and saw a nice gain in MPG and response... more than I was expecting...
As far as returning it back to stock, I did some reading on emissions testing and found that in most states if there is zoned farm land, all you need to do is register your rig in that zip code and most don't have to worry about doing emissions. So I just got myself a PO Box and registered it that way... F U Big Brother lol:innocent

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, after all the reading and the amazing amount of info that all of you share I have officially made my decision on the combos... Hands down the most informative forum I'm on!
So, I called up Ben over at DPFDeletekits.com and the guy was awesome! Ordered my Spartan Phalanx, 5" DPF/Cat delete exhaust and EGR kit. Already installed the AFE stage 2 and saw a nice gain in MPG and response... more than I was expecting...
As far as returning it back to stock, I did some reading on emissions testing and found that in most states if there is zoned farm land, all you need to do is register your rig in that zip code and most don't have to worry about doing emissions. So I just got myself a PO Box and registered it that way... F U Big Brother lol:innocent

What are you getting mpg now?

VanityBuilder

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
What are you getting mpg now?

Sorry, wasnt clear... I have only installed the AFE intake at this point. Noticed a 2MPG gain in the city and 5MPG on the highway gain. It also scared the hell out of me the first time I stomped on it on the highway with the windows down lol. The exhaust sounded like a damn dragon was on my tailgate!

Just ordered the programmer and exhaust today. I will post up vids and results when I get everything installed. Then I will post Dyno results.

Fine69

Reaction score
Sorry, wasnt clear... I have only installed the AFE intake at this point. Noticed a 2MPG gain in the city and 5MPG on the highway gain. It also scared the hell out of me the first time I stomped on it on the highway with the windows down lol. The exhaust sounded like a damn dragon was on my tailgate!

Just ordered the programmer and exhaust today. I will post up vids and results when I get everything installed. Then I will post Dyno results.

I call BS! No way you gained 5 Mpg with an intake!

VanityBuilder

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I call BS! No way you gained 5 Mpg with an intake!

Hand calculated but then again my GF says I drive like a granny on the highway lol I always use my CC. But could do with the cooler temps when I changed it. Dunno, just know I was getting rapped with the stock set up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58