Dash ac

BIGDANV

FIRSTSTROKER
Reaction score
I recently was working on my dash to investigate the bulbs to see if they were all good. After I put the dash back together I started the truck up to check out the A/C. I noticed that when turn on the A/C switch it does not blow at all out of the dash. Instead it blows out on top in front of the windshield and the 2 corners vents . The rear A/C works fine like it should. Is there something that I am missing? I have checked the fuse under the dash and it is fine. Any help would be greatly helpful. Could it be the blend door actuator?

BIGDANV

FIRSTSTROKER
Reaction score
It works

It works now! I don't know what is going on. Maybe it is just one of those things that works itself out?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You missed a vacuum hose. One of the hoses must have come undone. This is the classic symptom of this. Look again.

Dave

BIGDANV

FIRSTSTROKER
Reaction score
Vacuum pump

i WAS TOLD IT COULD BE A VUCUUM PUMP GOING OUT. Is this hard to change out?

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another question, did you have the ac in auto and at what surrounding temp? I was recently looking through the owners manual on mine and saw that in certain conditions in auto, the air will be routed to the window to keep it from fogging up. I have been in the mountains this weekend and with the ac in auto it has redirected the air to the window at first and then after a little while it will redirect back to the air vents.

BIGDANV

FIRSTSTROKER
Reaction score
Works fine

MY HEATER AND A/C work fine now. It is blowing through the dash vents. If it acts up anymore or does not work at all I will replace the vacuum pump.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track