Help Needed dct code P0603 KAM error

james6068

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Have 99 7.3 turbo crew cab dually, has code P0603 internal control module KAM error, what does that mean and whats the fix? thanks, Ed

JRJ04

Reaction score
that telling you there is a chip in the truck. do you have a tuner/chip installed?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It means that the batteries were disconnected. Not a big deal. The fix is to reconnect the batteries, which you have done.

Dave

james6068

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
that telling you there is a chip in the truck. do you have a tuner/chip installed?

Thanks for your reply, was installing hypertech max energy tuner when it gave me the code, when I completed it, the truck wouldn't crank, so I replace the batteries and reinstalled the tuner, the truck runs fine above 50 mph but is very sluggish getting there, the waste gate was sticking a little, freed it up but still the same thing, any suggestions, I guess it has 373 rear gears, Thanks again, Ed

SeeYa

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Code P0603 is the keep alive memory code. This code pops up alerting that there is an internal memory fault. "the fault" being the presense of the progammers downloaded program. It's harmless and of no importance.

Diane

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58