DDN2012 - THANK YOU from Strictly Diesel!

Strictly Diesel

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nate and I would like to take a minute to publicly Thank EVERYONE that that helped to make the 2012 Desert Diesel Nationals a success.

First and foremost...Randy and the entire staff of the NHRDA...THANK YOU! Thanks for believing in this market and working with us to build an event that can draw some of the big names in Diesel Drag Racing! We look forward to the continued growth of the DDN for years to come!

Racers...obviously we want to offer a special Thank You to all of the Super Street, Pro-Street, Pro-Stock and Top Diesel racers, especially those that travelled a significant distance to be here. Many of the spectators (and even some of us racers) get really excited to come and watch just how fast some of these trucks can run. To all of the teams like those from Wide Open Performance, Max'd Out, Bully Dog, Texas Diesel Power, H&S, G&J and anyone else I'm not currently thinking of...THANK YOU for being here...we are looking forward to seeing you again next year!

Sportsman and Super Diesel Racers...we had a great crowd of trucks in Sportsman ET and Super Diesel this year! While I appreciate the "big dogs" as much as anyone else, bringing the sport to the average gearhead is really what it's all about. If this years turnout in ET and 11.90 is any indication, more and more people are getting interested and trying their hand at the tree. Participant growth in these categories is what it's going to take to keep events like this going, and keep the NHRDA in the black for years to come...so THANK YOU to everyone in Sportsman ET and Super Diesel!

Thanks also go out to all of the NHRDA "Official" and "Event" Sponsors for supporting the NHRDA and helping them get to where they are today. I didn't get to spend much time in the vendor area, but from what I saw, we had some great displays and lots of stuff for people to look at and talk about.

Last, but certainly not least, Thanks to all of the spectators for spending your hard earned money to come out and watch us race, visit our booth, talk to us in the pits and support our sport. We hope you will keep coming out to watch if we keep putting on the race, and we hope to convert some of you into new racers as well.

On a personal level, I want to Thank Chaz, Tyler and Nate for all of their last minute help getting my truck put together for this years race. It killed me to have it there but not be on the track last year, and while I didn't run as well as I'd hoped this year (mostly due to the loose nut behind the wheel), we did make some progress and learn some things. Fast or slow, any day at the race track with friends and family is a good day in my book!

As is always the case with these things, I'm sure I have unintentionally forgotten someone. If I did, please don't take it personally. When I said "EVERYONE" at the beginning of this message, I meant "EVERYONE". Thank You all again!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58