De-fueling at highway speed

TexasCarnivore

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My truck is in the shop right now. It has been going into limp mode after cruising a 70 for about 20min. Doesn't do this if you drive it around town all day. But get it up to hwy speed and it's like clock work. The engine light doesn't come on just no power and it won't rev over 2500rpm. Anybodyhave this happen before? Also it has been hot here. The dash gages report normal temps when this occurs. Once we figure this out I'm doing a egr delete, dpf delet and a black maxx tuner. Truck has 125,000 miles. Also suggestions on cold air intake.

TexasCarnivore

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I figured out that my dpf was clogged. Evidentlly this needs to be replaced at 120,000 miles, I'm at 125,000 So I started the deletes. Mbrp 4". S&B intake. Sinister egr delete. And. Mini maxx. All was going well untill we got to the tuner. Mid download the unit froze. We contacted h&s. They sent us a new one. Same thing. Tried having the computer reflashed at the ford house. It would not take the program. H&s had us pull the computers and send them to them. We should have them back by the end of the day today. This has been a three week process so far.

I have discovered a few things. Evidently on early 6.4s the dpf sensor goes out and will cause the vehicle to go into limp mode but will not trip a code. H&s are very nice people but be prepared to spend a lot of time on hold. The ford house is a pain in the ass.

Hopefully I will be rolling coal by tomorrow afternoon

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dpf sensor went out and shut the truck down on the hwy. No limp mode or nothing. Just shut the truck off. I was not a happy person and the ford shop said that happens sometime. Good thing I was not loaded heavy.

Been thinking of pulling the DPF off and washing it out. To keep the truck going till I get the $$$$ for the delete. The diesel shop down the street from the shop, I see them do it all the time with the PSD come in for work. They use a steamjenny to do it. They look like new when there done.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
What can one do to stop this shutting down on the road, Dogman?? I would be pissed also.

Dave :dunno

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What can one do to stop this shutting down on the road, Dogman?? I would be pissed also.

Dave :dunno

Talk to two guys here at the dealership and they said the first trucks that came out had this problem. But new software fix this problem for the next gen. of trucks. Thats the limp mode, but the first gen. was not done. I asked about re flashing and they said that would not fix it. It pissed me off something big time. I would have never got the truck. But my attorney (he's family) knows of the problem so if something happen to me or my family involving the truck. He knows what he to do. It's the only thing I can do for right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr