photos Dechromification

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
One other thought on the sanding of the bumper; when you get it all sanded, move it to the final place where you will spray it. Wipe it down with acetone and DO NOT TOUCH IT AGAIN until it is painted! You will leave oils and sweat from your fingers, no matter how clean your hands are. This will affect the paint job down the road. You will get metal rust from underneath the paint.

Dave

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
Less bling on your mirrors balances the added burl bling interior. ;tu
Seriously Stephan, me thinks you have too much time on yer hands.
Heck I wished you lived closer. Maybe it would rub off on me. :D

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
One other thought on the sanding of the bumper; when you get it all sanded, move it to the final place where you will spray it. Wipe it down with acetone and DO NOT TOUCH IT AGAIN until it is painted! You will leave oils and sweat from your fingers, no matter how clean your hands are. This will affect the paint job down the road. You will get metal rust from underneath the paint.

Dave

You said it better than I ever could. :sweet

F250 FTW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a real fine sandpaper (like a watersand paper) to knock off the shiney of the chrome.

After sanding, I used acetone to clean them up (takes off oils/wax)

I sprayed no telling how many coats of base & clear. I will probably redo them before long. The clear I used is just not shiney enough, and I don't think I let them dry long enough. The next day, you could see where all the bugs have indented into the paint.

No sorry i didnt specify I have the stock black handle and stock mirrors (their black with texture) how do i get them to be color matched and smooth with the truck? thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64