DEF

stever01

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of you guys don't run def no more ,but since I have a 17 I will keep using it.. QUESTION IS . Is there any difference is DEF brands ? I know its mainly water for the most . just don't want to put just anything in it.
Thanks

Steve

01yellerCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running Peak DEF in mine since I bought it with no issues. I keep an eye out for sales at the local stores.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

shooterchief

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I was going to ask the same question. My old ‘10 6.4 didn’t use DEF, but now my ‘17 6.7 does.
I see the Blue Dot brand everywhere. Any opinions on this brand? Or any other brands?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they are all exactly the same, 68% ionized water & 32% urea

I agree. I've used just about ALL of the DEF Brands.. and have noticed absolutely NO difference.. in any of them. I carry a gallon of Peak, but top off with what ever is available at the pumps at truck stops, and my local Card Lock station. Blended the brands.. No Dif.

jsum24

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Dang........I wanted to use high performance DEF

carbonation

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
DEF is DEF.
AutoZone recently closed out all their gallon DEF bottles for .97 each, so I'll be running Blue DEF for the forseeable future.
Was running Traveller brand from Tractor Supply. 5 gallon goes on sale often for less than 15.00 .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track