DFP kit from Spartan Diesel Tech?

WhiteYacht08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ive talked to the 2 main companies that are selling theses, Bay Area and Spartan.
It seems that Spartan has it together a little better. After speaking with Matt,
hes letting him kit speak for it self. Were Bay Area tried to sell its kit to me.

Also I think Matt has been working with KEM to on there programmer for there kit.

I pre-ordered one from Spartan, which will ship out Monday 3/3/08. Once its installed
ill report back on the performance and MPG. Its going on an 08 F-250 CC stock with
all blacked out windows. Right now im getting about 11 to 11.4 MPG

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
How many miles do you have on the truck? I just got mine and havent even filled up the first tank yet, but already the fuel milage looks like it is about 7-8mpg.

WhiteYacht08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've have 6600 on it right now, only getting 11 or so. My 01 would get about 650 miles to a tank and this one only about 425 on a good day. I travel alot for work and that 200 plus miles I'm losing with this truck is costing us alot in fuel

whipittire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im also getting 11 mpg.please write back with your findings i would be very interested to see. how much is it coasting u?

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
just a small update, i finally went though my first full tank of fuel.

280 miles and filled up with 22 gal of fuel = 12.7 mpg
next time I will fill up at the same fuel station and see what i get.

WhiteYacht08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
im also getting 11 mpg.please write back with your findings i would be very interested to see. how much is it coasting u?

its right under $1300, but if i can get it up to 17 to 20 its well worth it cause the cost of fuel where we are at is avg $3.48 and im miss almost 200 miles on this 08 from my 01

Mike K

يساعد المعركة لحرية
Reaction score
Mike K - what kinda mpg was your 6.0 DRW getting ???

13 mpg 100% highway.

the calculations for the 08 was pretty much 100% in town driving, but may be unaccurate. I dont know how much fuel the dealership put in it, all i know is that the guage was on F. So far i am happy.

jguitarfly55

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
6.4 MPG

I am new to the forum and it seems like I am getting the best fuel economy at 13.7 and thats all around driving. I will keep checking back to see how you make out once it is installed. I am paying 4.19 per gal and would love to better my economy. I have an 08 250 crew, 20 in wheels with 15,000 mi. Other than the economy I love the truck.

Ive talked to the 2 main companies that are selling theses, Bay Area and Spartan.
It seems that Spartan has it together a little better. After speaking with Matt,
hes letting him kit speak for it self. Were Bay Area tried to sell its kit to me.

Also I think Matt has been working with KEM to on there programmer for there kit.

I pre-ordered one from Spartan, which will ship out Monday 3/3/08. Once its installed
ill report back on the performance and MPG. Its going on an 08 F-250 CC stock with
all blacked out windows. Right now im getting about 11 to 11.4 MPG

jpfitz55

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've got a f250 fx4 with magnaflow exhaust and a super chip. I'm getting 12 when i pulla trailer and 14-16 highway.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58