Didn't even get kissed

threejacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been a loooong time since I have had any truck trouble away from home, today was different. I was about 125 miles from home on an Interstate and running about the speed limit and lost power steering. I knew I had lost a belt and with out steering or brakes finally easied it off the road and stopped. I had lost a bearing in the idler pulley. Of all places I had very little cell signal but finally got in touch with a service outfit. Less than ten minutes he was there. One socket, one minute to take idler off, one minute to change bearing, one minute to put idler back on. I put the belt back on since I had breaker bar and socket in my truck.

Bill reads like this:

Service call $60.00
Remove and Repair Idler $60.00
Parts $ 5.00
Tax @ 6% .30
Total 125.30

Gave him 140.00, he gave me 15.00 back and told me not to worry about the 30 cents.
I don't plan on getting caught like that again.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
that looks like one of my invoices, except on the family rate. :D

It sucks but its what everybody does to everybody these days. Once you have a few bills like that put on you, you have to put it to your customers to survive. Kind of like fuel prices, my rates are going up as the prices go up.

Bryan

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
That happened to me last summer in downtown S.F.. Idler pully and tensioner went south... serp belt got mashed...lost power steering. Got towed for free to the local Ford dealer. Had the parts in stock. They pulled a mechanic off of another job to get me back on the road quick. My bill was higher than yours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64