Diesel leak!!

2001Stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started my truck this morning to warm up and let it run for about 10 minutes and when I went back outside there was a huge puddle of diesel under my truck. I could see it dripping and splashing on my driveway. It is coming out under the engine. It has done it a little before, but just a few drips. This was the coldest morning we have had so I think that made whatever it is worse. Does anyone know what might be wrong?:dunno

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I had to guess you have one of the metal lines under the glow plug relay that has rubbed through It could also be the fuel filter leaking.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
My guess would be the fuel filter drain valve. Is it leaking from the right front side of the engine. The o-rings tend to leak when it gets cold out and will drip out the hose from the filter drain.

2001Stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My guess would be the fuel filter drain valve. Is it leaking from the right front side of the engine. The o-rings tend to leak when it gets cold out and will drip out the hose from the filter drain.

That may be what it is. I guess I should replace them and see if that works. Thanks for the suggestions!

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Yep.........drain valve orings.

1055004626037363248S425x425Q85.jpg

Tbar

JRJ04

Reaction score
an easy way to tell is to squat down on the passenger side of the front fender and look for the end of the drain line. You'll see it sticking out. Just grab the end and see if its got diesel in it. It would not all surprise me if thats your problem cause it happened to mine last year when it got cold too. Order some O-rings and replace them. Very easy and cheap fix. The other option would be to go and buy the entire drain valve from the dealership but thats about 50 bucks.

2001Stroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any of those o-rings laying around. The only one that I can find come in a pack of 100. I will pay you for them and the shipping!

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Ford dealer should have them as singles. I can't remember if the IH dealer had a kit or not.

silverF250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine started to leak also what a pain when it's 20* out. Checked with Ford and they said I had to buy the valve. :dunno

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64