Diesel prices

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
I am wondering why (in California) if the price of diesel fuel higher then unleaded gas? Diesel fuel use to be almost $.25 to .30 lower then gas and now its higher. As I understand it diesel is a byproduct of gas production.

Comments???

thompson238

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same way here in Bama ,Im paying around 2.83 per gal and Reg Gas can be had for 2.40-2.50!:dunno

BIGMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here in Maryland, Im paying around 2.76-2.94 per gal and Reg Gas can be had for 2.40-2.50. And on Monday is .10 off but I think they raise the price up .09 first.

hawkdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's because "they" know that every single thing we consume needs diesel to get to us and the money they can make is astronomical. It went up right after I bought mine. Great timing!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Pilot took over Flying J and is just killing diesel prices here in florida at 3.20 gal. Needless to say I go to Hess for 2.89 gal. I was talking to some OTR drivers and they said Pilot is doing it to all there stations in florida.

JRJ04

Reaction score
Paying around 2.75 here...Gas is around 2.50

This right here is why my next truck will be a gasser. Fuel is $0.30 more, mileage is gonna be pretty much the same, oil changes are twice as much, repairs are more expensive...I love my PSD, but it just does not make sense for me and I would imagine the majority of PSD owners out there feel the same way. Unless you're a tower and really use the rig for what its meant...its just not worth it.

Just my 2cents?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the Answer Is:

TAXES.

Taxes controlled buy our State & Federal government(s)... to support unattainable EPA wants & needs... passed on to us by our "elected" officials.. who have been in office, Toooo Looong... Sooo long, they are OWNED & CONTROLLED by Special Interest Groups... in this case.. Big Oil.

:dunno

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oil changes are twice as much

But dont PSD go twice as long on an oil change than a gasser?

I love my PSD, but it just does not make sense for me and I would imagine the majority of PSD owners out there feel the same way. Unless you're a tower and really use the rig for what its meant...its just not worth it.
QUOTE]

x2....

thinking about when I get mine paid off, dropping the insurance and making it a project truck

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a little ranger short bed and I'm looking at getting and give it a V-8 tune up:innocent......And not drive the PSD as a everyday driver.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track