Diesel Site 203* Thermostat

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
Anyone here running the 203* thermostat?

I just bought one and just wanted to know if switching from stock (I'm assuming is 180*) to this does actually increase MPG and doesn't cause my truck to overheat during the summer (which here in SLC, UT can reach 100+).

Thanks in advance!

Travis

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running one for 10+ years now. Temps are 20 to 105+ 'round here (CenCal).. Pulled our 5r all over the lower 48.. with Absolutely No issues.

No MPG gains to speak of.. but IMO, a Hot(er) diesel, is a Happy(er) diesel. Runs & Pulls better.. Overall ?

IIRC, Dieselsite has a good Blurb about Tech benefits ?

Joe

If yer guna drain the coolant down, to install the 203 thermo ? Now, might be good time to install a Coolant Filter too ? I'd step up and say: It's one of the BEST, Long Term.. PM things you can do for your (any) engine.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
If yer guna drain the coolant down, to install the 203 thermo ? Now would be good time to install a Coolant Filter too. I'd step up and say: It's one of the BEST, Long Term.. PM things you can do for your (any) engine.

I would second this information! I have had a coolant filter since 12,000 miles. Great addition!!

Dave :thumbs

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 for Big Joe, and x2 for Dave Ben's advice. I also run the 203 Tstat hot or cold. I can assure you it will help with cold temp MPGs...

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
I have been running the 203 stat for several years. Sure turns the cab heater into the best heater out there. I do wish I would have purchased the higher priced aluminum housing. Mine is looking a bit not so good.
Jim

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 on the Heat ;tu

I painted my OEM housing with some High-Temp black BBQ paint.. seems to be holding the rust & corruption back :dunno

Joe

Tman123

That One Guy
Reaction score
Well I installed it the other day (Saturday) and had to replace the T-stat housing because mine was stock from 2002 and was rusted almost completely through. lol

Travis

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I also have had the 203 thermo on our 7.3L for close to 10 years also have the aluminum housing installed, gotta love the much toastier heat during the winter!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58