Question Differentials just changed with Mobile 1.. input??

brianjbeach85

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Guys i just changed the front and rear differentials with Mobile 1 fully synthetic with "LS" addative in them. front differential took about 3 quarts of 75w 90.. and rear took about 4-5 quarts of 75w 140. anyone have any input on if this was a good move? or bad.. i dont really "haul" much never more than a 15k load if that. just looking for LONGEVITY.. trying to make the truck solid from engine to drivetrain to body.. whole 9 so to speak lol. I am doing the transfer case tomorrow with mobile 1 synthetic ATF... anyone know allen key size for plugs on transfer case while i am at it??

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you will be fine. Synthetic run a little cooler.
Good Luck with them.
Doug

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
don't try to extend the interval with synthetics.. it's just counterproductive.
take the better protection they give you and be happy.

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
The rear end calls for synthetic. Probably because it works very hard and produces a ton of heat. For the other parts that you are changing, it will make them last a lot longer.
Jim

brianjbeach85

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
all the fluids are fully synthetic so i will continue to change them at interval, just curious if anyone has any real world experience about longevity.. example would be having a 6.0L with like 350k on it and having no issues with differentials or transfer case while using synthetics u know?

Thanks for input guys.. and i got held up other day because i was missing the 3/8 allen.. friggin transfer case plugs gotta be different than differentials..*sigh* all done tho!

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I have been running Mobil 1 in my differentials for 14 years. I only have 80k miles so it will be a while before I know muck about longevity. I do know the truck rolls much better at -40 with the synthetic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58