Doing the DPF (maybe even the EGR) and a tuner, but need clarification/direction

WANTED

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I've decided to to the DPF elimination fairly soon, and in order to do that correctly I obviously need a tuning module. However, I'm slightly confused as to which ones to use and what exactly I'm buying.

To give you a little background as to where I'm coming from, I'm crossing over from the import side of things. I'll be honest, you can get really spoiled really quick with what's available for tuning and have become acclimated to stand alone tuning and open source tuning. So bearing that in mind, I'm not too afraid to crack into a table and make progressive changes.

Bearing that in mind, it seems that most of the tuning options I'm finding for the F250 are canned for the most part??? If that is true, than do the tuning modules available have off the shelf maps available and optimized for the DPF and EGR elimination(s)? If not, are the maps the same across the board and the eliminations input in the modules as a "force pass" into the ecu? Or are these actually shop made maps made available from that specific vendor (not talking custom pro-tune, but vendor specific off the shelf) should you buy from that vendor?

If I'm off base somehow and these units are tunable at the end user level without having to buy the dealer level tuning software, do they still have an "off the shelf" map to use as a baseline?

Finally, bearing all that in mind, I recognize that there are good number of options. What is the general opinion as to which is the best (or better) and why? Thank you in Advance.

Jon

WANTED

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
One additional clarification to my question, in looking at what I can find on the "maps" for the tuning modules, the only one that has close to some specificity is the SCT tuner. The listing I found of options shows DPF and EGR elimination not being an option??? Somehow, that doesn't sound right to me.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talk with jody with DP Tuners. I have talked with him a bit on this and as soon as I get the cash he'll set me up. He is in GA too so he's close to you.

mattmanning08

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the H&S mini maxx on my 2008 f250 and I have the dpf removed. but not the egr yet. system seems to be preforming well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58