Dome light not working

bharney

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Dome light not working in my 99 F250 Superduty.

Tried replacing the bulb, but still no light. Looked at the fuzes. None blown.
Any ideas?

Is it possibly hooked to the rear bed light also. Will have to do more checking.

JRJ04

Reaction score
when you open your door do you get the chime saying that your door is open? it would pop up on the instrument cluster.

And yes, it is hooked to the bed light.

bharney

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Have to check that when I get home in a few days. Don't remember any. And I even tried to manually turn the light on and no dice.
Have not had time to check the bed light either.
My 13 year old son and I had a little time this morning to install the really nice 4" oval stainless steel nerf bars from Steelcraft.
Really simple. Let him do almost all of it except for the final tightening of the bolts.
They look great and feel really solid.
And now my wife and daughter and mother can get into the truck without help or jumping. HA, HA.

bharney

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Checked that

Checked all the fuzes. None bad, ran a plug in test and it says something about a bad relay.

Need to know which relay location would cover the dome lights?

My door chimes do sound when the door is open and key on, but no bed lights, no dome lights, and the lights on the doors themselves also do not light up. No glove box lights either, or under hood lights.

I removed the high rear bed lamps and all three were blown, so I replaced them, and now have the third brake light working, but still no bedlights.

It also said something about turn signal and wiper grnds, but these work fine, which let me to think maybe gem module?, But where is that located and how to test this also?

Any ideas?

Really like the truck so far, got 20mpg on 700 mile trip from Springfield, Illinois to Wisconsin and then over to Chicago, and back to Springfield.

No problems, and ran very smooth. Used the cruise control and it worked fine also.

Finally got the gooseneck ball hitch to come out of the hole in the bed. It must not have ever been removed before, because it took a lot to get it out using a bearing puller. I will sand it down inside the hole and on the outside of the ball and grease it up, so it won't stick again.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
interesting. Have you pushed your dim switch all the way up to the cab lights on position? and if so and it still doesent come on (door lights,dome lights, and bed lights) Id say relay, not gem. its to predictable. to be gem, its more like when my wipers turn on whenever they feel like it, or the cruise control will not turn on just to turn on later during the same drive.

bharney

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Still don't know which relay it is, or if maybe missing.

Anyone know which relay and if possible show with picture?

And yes, I rolled the switch all the way up and dash lights get brighter, but no bed or dome light.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58