Dont' know but?

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
Ok this is the scoop. Yesterday afternoon sitting at the shop, a mechanic for one of the biggest ford delerships in the state comes in. Regular guy, we get to talkin about the new 6.4Liter. He said that it was pushing it's limits coming out of the factory. If you chip or turn it up, it will grenade on you. The turbos are at thier max. Said it was kinda like a glorified 6.0, don't know if this is true or what but it's what he said. He has had one or two of his guys go train on the new motor already. I also asked him if they were completely encripting the new computer and he said yes. I hope that this is not true about the 6.4, I would love to see a motor that will hang with the newer Dmax's and Cummins motors, in the aftermarket ring. Take it for what it's worth but it's what I have heard. Thanks

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i would ditto that whole last post.:thumbs
tried to get info. out of salesman, he knows nothing, i told him a few things.:eek:

Got Diesel

Engineering College Boy
Reaction score
I am not saying that that is what it is, just what I heard. That's all. I just want it to get here, so I can listen to what that beast is gonna sound like straight piped.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Got Diesel said:
I just want it to get here, so I can listen to what that beast is gonna sound like straight piped.
Just like a turbo charged Briggs and Stratton 5 horse :sweet

mettech

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The EPA will be biggest factor for modification limitations to the new class of diesels next year. I wouldn't be surprise that in a few years, the dealership will be the only one able to open the hood.

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
mettech said:
The EPA will be biggest factor for modification limitations to the new class of diesels next year. I wouldn't be surprise that in a few years, the dealership will be the only one able to open the hood.
it wouldn't surprise me within the next 20 years, I don't see the next few but maybe in the near future

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64