Door Locks Stoped Working Help!!!

THEDIESELMAN

John Deere Tech
Reaction score
I just got back in from trying to get the locks working and i think something is just stuck on because i pulled use #19 which is one of the fuses for the VSM and when i put it back in the driver door the only one that i opened locked after i put the fuse in all by its self, and then i took the fuse out again and you could hear the locks release alittle bit. If you have any more ideas let me know.

THEDIESELMAN

John Deere Tech
Reaction score
could anyone email me any wire diagrams that you have on the door locks or anything else to me because i would like to see what they look like and where all the wires run too.

bad_bad_bubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I was going to scan the pictures at work today but the darn thing was broke again. It just shows schematics for the differnt devices. It doesnt show a picture of where anything is hooked upon your truck so I dont know how much that would help you find where it is at. If you want you can go get th same book t Autozone for $20. :dunno

FireDiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I also have a 2002 CC superduty and i just diagnosed my VSM is also bad. I pulled every door apart and jumpered the Door Ajar plug and still have Door ajar light on. Then i checked for continuity at the VSM on all the doors by closing strikers on every door and check out good. Then checked continuity on the Ground from the VSM and was also good. Then Checked for 12 Volts on all 4 Power sources going into the VSM 3 are always hot and 1 ingnition hot, and they were all good. I cant find a tracable bad circuit anywhere in the system. So im led to believe My VSM is bad. Would anyone have any additional comments or thoughts or ideas before i go and purchas another VSM?
Im afraid to know what they cost.

Thanks

THEDIESELMAN

John Deere Tech
Reaction score
Sorry to bring back an old thead but I was reading threw the post again today and does anyone know for sure that 2002 is the first year they started to use the VSM because there is a 2001 X that is being parted out and I could get the part I need fron that rig, but i need to know if in 2001 they used the GEM or VSM.

Diezel Dawg

vvv Real NW Truck
Reaction score
If your door ajar light is on, try lubricating all of your door latches with WD40, this is a common problem on the Ford Super Duty's. Lube the latches and open and close the doors several times and loosen the latch up. It is usually the quickest and easiest fix. Good luck. If your locks arent working, just maybe, the lock actuators are shot. Both of mine on my truck went out at the same time, replaced them, and everything works great now.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya