Door seals, revisited

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed on the rear X-Cab door seals, there is a hollow void like the main weather strip. I took what was left of the 3/8s vinyl tubeing from the "Door Seal, Wind & Road noise" mod, and inserted it into That void... truck is even More quiet.

Ford put some silicone tubeing in them, near the door latch area (got'a tell ya something ?). If anyone decides to do this addtional sealing, yul need to insert some from the top, and then the bottom. Took all of 5 minutes.

I cut a 45* angle on the leading end, slipped right in. No Soap.

Thought I'd pass it on.... :dunno

JOE

11/01/05: In Home Depot yesterday, found some "Frost King" brand, 3/8 foam cording (Chinking) in the insulation section. 20 feet for $6.00.

I (really the wife) noticed that the doors where getting harder to close, now that weather is getting cooler.
Pulled the Vinyl out of the vertical door seals (as above), replaced it with the foam cording... Works great. Nice solid closure now. The foam is more plyable.

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
I have been looking at my door seals and I am convinced they are different from my 02.
they are larger but more pliable and plus they have little drain holes about every 6 inches. I may have to try the tubing thing. she is very quiet now.
but bumps make teh door rattle.

BIG JOE said:
I noticed on the rear X-Cab door seals, there is a hollow void like the main weather strip. I took what was left of the 3/8s vinyl tubeing from the "Door Seal, Wind & Road noise" mod, and inserted it into That void... truck is even More quiet.

Ford put some silicone tubeing in them, near the door latch area (got'a tell ya something ?). If anyone decides to do this addtional sealing, yul need to insert some from the top, and then the bottom. Took all of 5 minutes.

I cut a 45* angle on the leading end, slipped right in. No Soap.

Thought I'd pass it on.... :dunno

JOE

HCAbowman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, Im gonna have to goto the Depot and get some!! I too have the dreaded door rattle...LOL!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58