DPF Delete,SCT, No Start

835.0RS

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 F-250 removed DPF, installed SCT Livewire, it ran for 5 minutes, shut it off and now no start. Will not crank, all else seems to work, no codes. Help! WTH!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I would remove the SCT Livewire and try it. OR Call their company and talk to Customer Service.

Dave

835.0RS

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Update here, pretty simple just not at 11 pm. Removed tuner, last night, same result. Pipe and release form purchased from Cobb Diesel so contacted them this morning and found out a common problem due to the sensor connections not being 100% solid. Puts truck in limp home or no run condition. You must re seat all sensor connections then use a jumper wire across terminals at starter to crank it and start, at this point it will be in limp home mode, then reset factory settings again to clear that, then reinstall tuner. Now runs great, EG temps down, fuel mileage at 21 and climbing so far. Thank you again DaveBen

835.0RS

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
As this is mine & my sons project I may not have the particulars exact but the end is correct. I may have mislead here some what in that Cobbs said it has happened to them several times. The truck ran, sensed there was a sensor not functioning and would not allow a restart for self protection. If all items were removed and put to stock and towed to dealer they would have reset it but also would immediately know it was tampered with. The old fashioned remote start by passed that need.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14