dpf fines

ducky1402

Reaction score
:dunnoOk so i'm thinking about a dpf delete pipe on my truck as everyone says they are great and i hate the regen to no end. Does anyone know what the epa fine actually is and or where to fine literature on the subject. Thought about calling or emailing the epa but deceided that would be a bad idea.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you put the crap on before emissions testing ,, and there is no issue .. AZ doesn't do spot inspections ..plus with an 08 ,, you have a ways to go before your first test

ducky1402

Reaction score
ok well i do a couple trips to albuquerque and one hunting trip usually every year to arkansas. Any suggestions there to put the **** filter on then to be safe?

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'm not sure there is one for an owner-removed DPF..
cat/con on the other hand, is $10,000.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be shocking to hear of a random roadside inspection for a dpf , and then for the authority to have a data base of every component for every vehicle handy ,, they would also need to check the vin ( not all 6.4's have dpf ,, but those might be obvious ?

ducky1402

Reaction score
ok, thanks guys I know I wouldn't be the first guy to run without that pos I thought about gutting it but my ford dealer said a replacement is 2k. Guess I have another project :D

Jimmy Tanner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also thinking about removing my DPF. Other than the regens, what are the other advantages.

My '08 SD with the HD package is otherwise stock.

Jimmy Tanner

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr