Drained Diesel Fuel Question

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I have a question. The last time I drained my HFCM and changed filters I had water in my fuel. I wound up draining twice during this and have wound up with 2 mason jars full of diesel fuel. I attepted to take it down to the same place I take my oil after I change it (local repair shop chain) and they told me they don't have anything to dump diesel fuel in. I asked him what I should do with it and he suggested starting a bonfire with it! Although probably a good idea in some cases, my neighborhood does not condone BONFIRES!
What does everyone here do with their drained fuel? :dunno Do you just dump it back in you tank after seperating the water and other little bits and particals that come out? :confused:

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I think Bill and Mike drink it. :roflmao

Me, I save it for starting my bonfires at home, but, I live on 5 acres in the country and in Idaho. :eek:

Barrett

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i mix mine with my citronella oil for my bug lamps outside. smokes a little heavy if the wick is to high, but other than that you would never know

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
i mix mine with my citronella oil for my bug lamps outside. smokes a little heavy if the wick is to high, but other than that you would never know
:thumbs Great idea! :hail I will be going with that one this summer! I love the smell of citronell and diesel in the morning! :woot

ranger boy

Banned User
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
that's sooo damn redneck man

:hail

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure which is better.. .the smell of Diesel and Citronella in the morning, or a Lexus that makes more banging noise than I do on a cold morning!

:D

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
powerboatr said:

I agree, two summers ago at my daughters birhday party. We were just getting ate up by the musquitos.-mad I added a quarter cup of diesel fuel to all the tiki lamps. My whole family does it now. Works great!!

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
From the redneck politically incorrect desk..............

I pour it in the cracks of the driveway to kill the weeds that are growing there. :D

Tbar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track