Driver side heated seat not working?

dougger222

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what to check for when the seat is not warming? The passenger side works good. Thinking not a fuse and perhaps the heating element is bad or a switch or controll of some sort.

Thanks in advance!!!

BTW, my wife is not happy her hinder is cold!!!

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
typically that's it....
but chk for power going into the switch and then after the switch....
if'n ya got power to the switch - cicuit to there is ok,
if none after, replace the switch...
ifn' ya got power to the grid, then replace the grid...

have seen replacement grids... let me look....

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Welcome to SDD Doug! Great to have you on board:thumbs

If I recall correctly the seat heater module under the seat can go belly up along with the element itself.

BBBxcursion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine just did this last night, but I don't know when I have time to look at it. I'll post any info I find on it.

Kelly Hancock

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
When I bought my Excursion out of Arizona the seat heater did not work. It wasnt an issue with the previous owner so they didnt worry about. I brought it back to Utah and it is nice to have. I took the cushion out to find that the element had burnt out. There is part of the contour of the seat that the element wires cross underneath the bar in the leather covers that hold it into the cushion where the wires take the most abuse. Getting in and out of the truck the front part of the cushion takes all the weight so it burns there. In the 2000 X's you need to replace the whole cushion since the element is glued right to the cushion. I think I paid around $140 for the cushion and that was with a discount. The cushion was pretty easy to swap out. I took the seat of the X and carefully took things apart. The hard part was unclipping the the hooks that hold the leather cover into the cushion. Needle nose pliers got me through it. Let me see if I can explain that better. In the cushion there are a type of small round bar that is molded in. It is here the hooks wrap around and into the cushion. This helps the cover keep shape to the cushion. I took me around an hour and a half to do mine. But it worked after that. Although, now after a year of having it is giving me fits again. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes it takes alot longer than the passenger seat to get warm. I am still not sure why it is doing that. I hope this has helped.

dougger222

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! What you said makes sense.

A little more money that I was figuring to fix the issue but what part of our vehicles are cheap? NOTHING!!!

Last year removed the covers off a dozen seats so it should be similar. Lots of metal rings to remove!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14