dtc 0603 help please

madams000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
:dunnoP0603 Internal Control Module Keep Alive Memory (KAM) error
Please help I have a trip scheduled for the am, is this something that I need to fix pronto or shall I clear the code and tow my fifth wheel 450 miles.

2003 Ford 6.0 with Hyperpac, BD exhaust brake, Cold Shot H20 injector, AFE Cold Air FIPK

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You must have disconnected the batteries. That will throw that code. KAM can't keep the data if the power goes down. Don't worry about it.

Dave

madams000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Many thanks will take your advise and phew, I can start my trip.
Forgive my ignorance, I thought Jimmi Jammers we the same as Piggy Piggy Jam Jams, commonly known as pyjamers?????
What is jimmi jammers.

madams000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You must have disconnected the batteries. That will throw that code. KAM can't keep the data if the power goes down. Don't worry about it.

Dave

Dya mean I need not have had my super dooper stuff put on, Automatic door locks, window closer, remote start, with two way notification and LoJack etc..

Thanks I will definatly investigate because one system is not foolproof. Especially the light locks I have pretty expensive lights on this baby.

dmcvey_1999

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
po603

I had the same 0603 code. The code appeared for approximately 6 months. I initially saw it during the cold winter months on first morning start. I could clear the code after the truck had been running for a few minutes and it would not appear for the rest of the day. At that time it would not throw a check engine light so Ford would do nothing about it. Well then spring came and I was still seeing the fault. I tried taking it to the dealership several times and they would do nothing about it because it did not keep the check engine light on. I took the truck on a long haul down to alabama. On the way there the truck tripped the check engine light indicating 0603, all 8 injectors low. I thought maybe my tuner was causing the problem so I removed it from the truck. Everything initially indicated okay. No CEL. I made it another 500 miles and the CEL came back on in South Carolina. The truck was down on power hesitating and jerking. I had to get home so I put the hammer down. I drove her that way all the way back. I took her to the dealership Monday morning. They had to replace the FICM, EGR cooler, rebuild the oil cooler, and of course change the oil. The truck lasted two weeks and then left me stranded right outside of my work. Bad EGR valve. I would not recommend just ignoring it.

dmcvey_1999

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The CEL was for 0603 FICM and the codes for all 8 injectors low. I just wanted to clarify.

madams000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had the same 0603 code. The code appeared for approximately 6 months. I initially saw it during the cold winter months on first morning start. I could clear the code after the truck had been running for a few minutes and it would not appear for the rest of the day. At that time it would not throw a check engine light so Ford would do nothing about it. Well then spring came and I was still seeing the fault. I tried taking it to the dealership several times and they would do nothing about it because it did not keep the check engine light on. I took the truck on a long haul down to alabama. On the way there the truck tripped the check engine light indicating 0603, all 8 injectors low. I thought maybe my tuner was causing the problem so I removed it from the truck. Everything initially indicated okay. No CEL. I made it another 500 miles and the CEL came back on in South Carolina. The truck was down on power hesitating and jerking. I had to get home so I put the hammer down. I drove her that way all the way back. I took her to the dealership Monday morning. They had to replace the FICM, EGR cooler, rebuild the oil cooler, and of course change the oil. The truck lasted two weeks and then left me stranded right outside of my work. Bad EGR valve. I would not recommend just ignoring it.

MMM I have just changed oil filter, oil, and two fuel filters wondered if I disturbed something

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58