Dtc p2269

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what in the world?!?!?! this popped up yesterday on my home from work, so as soon as i got home i drained the water fuel seperator and called ford to verify that that dtc was infact meaning to drain the water fuel seperator. they said yes so i cleared the code. well low n behold on my way into work today BING "water in fuel" lit up on the dash, check the pmt and she said the same dtc as yesterday..... why if i already drained it out??? :dunno

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was reading around online and people are saying to take the fuel lines out and take the cap off and clean it out....aint never heard of having to do all this before...

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of the fuel line thing. I would just drain the the separator again. Most likely got a load of wet fuel OR I have see photos of the separator switch messed up with gunk that makes it go off.

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, hopefully it wont be raining this time when i get off. i wonder if its a seriously bad batch of fuel...

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, hopefully it wont be raining this time when i get off. i wonder if its a seriously bad batch of fuel...

Could be there all changing over to summer blend. Could be you got the bottem of the tank so to say. I know there done changing here. My mpg jumped up on my truck this week.

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its possible i suppose. i like red koolaid...lol wish it was legal. im not to sure if they change the blends that much down here. i live outside houston, well hell you live in florida probably the same fuel. hmmmm (scratchin head)

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what are the odds it could be fuel filters?? i know they need changing. havent done em in about 25kmls...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64