Dual Alternators & Turbo to Cooler Pipe

Merelind

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am new to SSD and find the information helpful and informative.

I have a 05 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Fx4, pretty much the works that Ford can supply, and dual alternators.

The pipe that runs from the turbo to the cooler is crimped down, somewhat flattened, where it is routed around the second alternator. It seems to me that this is not a good idea.
Does anyone know, if this is a area of restriction that reduces the air flow?
Is there any way around this ?

I have a buddy with a 06 with one alternator and the pipe is round all the way to the cooler.

Thanks for all the great information.

Mark

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Merelind said:
I am new to SSD and find the information helpful and informative.

I have a 05 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Fx4, pretty much the works that Ford can supply, and dual alternators.

The pipe that runs from the turbo to the cooler is crimped down, somewhat flattened, where it is routed around the second alternator. It seems to me that this is not a good idea.
Does anyone know, if this is a area of restriction that reduces the air flow?
Is there any way around this ?

I have a buddy with a 06 with one alternator and the pipe is round all the way to the cooler.

Thanks for all the great information.

Mark

Welcome to SDD. This is a good and friendly site for information. Yes we all know about the intercooler pipe on the dual alternater equipped trucks. I would not think it would be much of a restriction since it is under pressure. If it was a gasser and used vacuum for the intake, then it would be a restriction. It has been rehashed and rehashed many times without an alternative solution. Don't worry about it.

Dave :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58