Help Needed Dually Right Rear Clearance Lights Out

Jesse East

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Guys & Gals

Checking the lights recently and found that the rear fender (dually) lights are out on the RHS. The book says that there is no fuze and that the entire light fixture needs to be replaced. But, I think it strange that the two on the RHS are out and the two on the LHS are still functioning. Makes me think that a wire may be disconnected somewhere----especially since I have been running in a lot of snow and ice during the past month.

Any comments--suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jesse East

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys & Gals

Checking the lights recently and found that the rear fender (dually) lights are out on the RHS. The book says that there is no fuze and that the entire light fixture needs to be replaced. But, I think it strange that the two on the RHS are out and the two on the LHS are still functioning. Makes me think that a wire may be disconnected somewhere----especially since I have been running in a lot of snow and ice during the past month.

Any comments--suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jesse East
The left one on my truck just burnt out and had to replace the hole thing.
Good luck, they just get to hot.
Doug

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn on the lights.. use a test light to see if you have 12v.. AT the lights.

If No ? Chase the wire leads back, to where they plug in.. check the connector ?

If Yes ? replace the Light assemblies.

Last edited:

Jesse East

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input----WD40 & BIG JOE.

What do these things cost, if I have to replace?

Ill check the wiring for voltage before I have to get back on the road. Maybe just a loose or corroded connector.

This is a 1999 diesel crew cab Lariet---probably one of the first SDs off the line. Has only 89K miles, and I have had only one light go out before this---one of the top clearance lights.

Thanks Jesse East

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Jesse, sounds like you have a great truck, 11 years old and only 89 miles is nice, you just need to drive it more.
Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58