dumb tuner question

bigblack250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just got my tony wildman chip installed and im wonder wich way the programs start? is it left to right? or right to left? and do i need to put the truck in neutral when changing? the reason i ask is because it seems to smoke alot more on economy than it does on extreme, or is that normal? :watchout

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like reading a book... left to right. Its best to be in park when changing tunes....not sure about neutral. I know I've been in drive and sometimes when I flip my chip, it'll make it cut out. Then the throttle is sluggish and I have to unhook the batts to let everything to reset.

I wouldn't think that economy would smoke*more* than extreme. Are you sure you got economy selected since you're not sure which way the chip flips? You may want to ask Tony about this.

Last edited:

bigblack250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, im sure its on economy now, and yea it smokes a good bit more than extreme, and everything but stock shifts really really hard =/ and some times it revs out and doesnt shift, also mine says ts preformance on it, do they just get the ts chips and burn them? or did i get screwed?

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, im sure its on economy now, and yea it smokes a good bit more than extreme, and everything but stock shifts really really hard =/ and some times it revs out and doesnt shift, also mine says ts preformance on it, do they just get the ts chips and burn them? or did i get screwed?

You need a shift kit for the hard shifts....billet tc really wouldnt hurt. I'm sure Tony re-burns the TS chips.....pretty sure he didn't screw you. I get a little smoke on the 100hp TS tune. I knowSOME guys around here with the TW tunes...hopefully they will chime in. If not I would ask Tony about it. I know some guys have had to send the chips in a couple of time to get the tunes right.

I'm looking forward to sending my TS chip in to him to get it re-burned.

Last edited:

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and no i dont have guages yet, workin on it tho

Well just be careful with that set-up. You got a custom tuned chip and probably running higher egt's than a normal TS chip. I had a chip and intake first. Then everyone started getting on to me about gauges (I knew better) so I got some glowshift gauges off ebay for $200. I'm pretty happy with them.

IMO, I would keep my foot out of it on takeoff. Wait till you get some wind passing into the engine to help keep it cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl