Duramax owner switched to 7.3 Excursion

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Ryan. When you get ready for some mods just start a new thread on what you want to do and you'll get plenty of links and opinions that you can make your own decision. That being said IMO your first money should be spent on an air intake. You have options there ranging from $400+ to $50, I have the $400+ and would be just as happy with the ladder and the $350 in my pocket. I wouldn't bother with the exhaust until you want to add some programming to it. It makes it sound better, but from my experience it hurts performance. I went 4 years with only exhaust, gauges and intake, and the truck had more low end throttle response before the mods. The main reason for the exhaust is to lower back pressure and lower exhaust temps. Once you lower the back pressure with no chip you lose some of your turbo spooling. Like I said all of this can be talked about when your ready to make some purchases, and some opinions will differ from mine. Your first purchase should be an intake along with many of the very low cost, even free mods. I would spend exhaust money on gauges then install a chip/programmer. At that point you'll have better mileage, and if you have temp problems there are several ways to attack the exhaust. If you want to take a look at some of the Ford mods poke here. You can also get there by clicking on Technical Articles WIKI at the top right of any page on this site. Once again welcome to the site, you own a real truck now:cool:
Bryan:tex

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14