Question Dynatrac Super Duty Upgrade Kit

BluOvalPowerMan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So I was on the Dynatrac site yesterday to see what/if they offered for a super duty. I see they have an upgrade kit that will convert the front end over to using a more servicable wheel bearing set up that includes new balljoints, spindles, shafts...etc and it has an ABS upgrade. I think it comes with their rebuildable ball joints. Just trying to find out if anyone has either used this kit or has heard good or bad about it. I think the biggest down side to it is the cost...about $4k. Have a good one.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I was just looking at their site and saw the rebuild-able Ball Joints. Never seen these before. Makes sense if they are not too much. I did not see any prices on these.

Dave

BluOvalPowerMan

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I wrote their customer service department about the ball jonts and the upgrade kit. Hopefully they send me some specs and prices for different applications. I'm sure they will. The last time I wrote them concerning some of their diff parts they sent me a ton of info to include price sheets. I can post the info if they send it my way. I know they are a newer prduct and I haven't seen or heard too much on them, but you are right they do make sence and seem pretty good.

AK Rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would an upgrade like that still allow the use of the automatic hubs or would it be strictly manual? I can see a lot of advantages to the conversion but I'm not sure I want to give up the option to have the hubs lock automatically when I need it.

rblprd

Losted and Confused
Reaction score
the free-spin kit is a full manual conversion, IIRC it uses 1-Ton WARN Premium hubs, be nice if they put their hubs in it, they look pretty stout and are only a quarter turn to engage.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Dyna-trac uses the Warn hubs and the Full Traction kit uses Mile Markers. Both are good kits. Dyna-trac makes some good stuff but it's pretty pricey and normally on back order. If you plan on keeping the truck I think it is a good upgrade. I ran the Full Traction Freespyn kit on my 2000.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14