EBPV Question

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
It seems like my EBPV is staying shut when ambient temperatures are in the 40's. Is this right? It doesn't seem to do it consistantly so It doesn't seem right.

Scott

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope not right, there is a tube that goes to the backpressure sensor that gets clogged up w/ soot and causes the problem that you're describing. Well that or a bad sensor.

jlayne

Paint Sniffer
Reaction score
mine will shut if i'm going down the road and lift the go pedal you can hear is start to whistle but as soon as i hit the fuel again it opens (boost gauge responds accordingly) if yours isn't opening when you are on the skinny pedal you got a problem

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
Can I just unplug it at the pedestal electrical connector? Maybe it is time to hook up an exhaust brake.

Scott

JimmyDee

God Bless America
Reaction score
Can I just unplug it at the pedestal electrical connector?
I unplugged mine 2 or 3 years ago and have never looked back. I understand they will not move even if reconnected after a few months of being unplugged but oh well. Mine is going to get gutted this summer and would have been gutted back just after I unplugged it but decided to have a heart attack and bypass surgery instead. Guess I got to get a round toit.
Jim

Last edited:

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
I can easily see how it would get stuck. When I had it off during the turbo swap, I cleaned the inside of the housing and it was some pretty thick soot.

Scott

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say, "if you don't need it, delete it"

I gutted mine about 4 or 5 months ago... We don't get super cold here, maybe as low as 28 once a year. It really made a difference in temps when hauling loaded.

dmftoy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JimmyDee said:
I unplugged mine 2 or 3 years ago and have never looked back. I understand they will not move even if reconnected after a few months of being unplugged but oh well. Mine is going to get gutted this summer and would have been gutted back just after I unplugged it but decided to have a heart attack and bypass surgery instead. Guess I got to get a round toit.
Jim

I'm not sure how long it would take for them to jam up and I imagine it would vary by truck, but I put on one of those EBV Exhaust brakes about 3 years ago, and mine only gets "activated" when I'm towing in the big hills and maybe once per winter. So far (knock on wood :) ) it has never failed to open/close.

Have a good one,
Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58