EBPV

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
My EBPV seems to have gotten a little touch here as of late. Usually on a cold start it will close like normal, if I dont give it enough warm up time it seems to limit me to about 1900 RPM's. Here lately on a cold start it will keep my under 1500 RPM's (closing tighter?) and will stay closed alot longer. I want to gut it in the future anyway but what is this thing telling me? Is it about to take a dump on me or is the EOT the culprit?

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my dads 95 would do that. Stick closed until you REALLY romped on it.

Its prolly getting bound up or something, and the actuator is having a harder time opening it back up.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
EBPV problems are usually caused by a plugged sensor tube. The tube runs from the passenger side exhaust manifold, up behind the alternator bracket, to the sensor mounted on the HPOP reservoir. Just pull the tube and clean it out with a piece of wire chucked up in a drill or just replace it with a new tube(they are cheap). It doesn't hurt to clean the hole where it screws into the exhaust manifold and where it goes in the sensor too. The tube gets all plugged up with soot and once you put in a chip and a few other performance mods we know that the soot level rises :p

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Crumm said:
EBPV problems are usually caused by a plugged sensor tube. The tube runs from the passenger side exhaust manifold, up behind the alternator bracket, to the sensor mounted on the HPOP reservoir. Just pull the tube and clean it out with a piece of wire.

I'll check that one out. The problem has exaggerated itself since the installation of Stage I injectors, maybe the soot level has increased just a hair.:thumbs

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
If a tube/sensor & lil angled section of piping below the sensor cleaning doesnt do the trick I'd trashcan the setup, gut the ebvalve & get one of those dongle doodads as that lil back pressure sensor is steep $$ :eek:

If your tube is beyond cleaning it can be bought at Ford for pretty cheap - last one I got was prob $12 or right around that. They are prone to rot a few holes in the line in my neck of the woods.

Cheers :cowboy:

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
Its a lil plug in module that does away with the sensor (I think its nothing more than a resistor in a male back pressure sensor connector) that gives the PCM a set voltage value to show a fixed backpressure to help be rid of any check engine light that may pop up or leave a code on the PCM.

I "think" SP diesel is the one that sells them for around $30ish but there may be others.

I dont have one on mine as I went thru mine with a new sensor & tube just before these things came out.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Cant I just gut the valve out of the housing and leave all the other crap such as the actuator arm and that tube in place? Not having to worry about replacing the sensor or buying a dongle or when I gut the valve do I have to do all the other stuff as well?

Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Cant I just gut the valve out of the housing and leave all the other crap such as the actuator arm and that tube in place? Not having to worry about replacing the sensor or buying a dongle or when I gut the valve do I have to do all the other stuff as well?

Mike,

you can just gut the EBPV, that's what I did. Be sure to un-plug the EBPV at the two wire connector under the turbo also so that the actuator arm doesn't move and eventually cause an oil leak.

Rick "COB" ;)

Renegade

HillBilly
Reaction score
yep I just figured you may want to get rid of that useless junk thats in the way & go the cheapest route as the dongle doohickey as its mucho cheaper than a new sensor if needed, you still want the pcm to get a signal from the back pressure sensor or dongle.

I forgot to mention the connector by the turbo :oops:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F350 On Track