Edge Insight - who is running it, and where is it mounted?

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy everyone -

Who all here is using the Edge Insight? I've been wanting to put some gauges in my truck, and I much prefer the look of actual gauges, but the Insight is more cost effective, and it would take me 10 gauges to monitor everything that the Insight can, so I think I'm going to change routes and go with the Insight.

Anyhow, I'm having trouble finding mounting options for the Insight. Where do you guys have them mounted, and where can I buy the mounts?

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what insight? the old one that fits the edge 1st gen AKA attitude pod or the cst ? however the cst will also fit the old pod with an adapter

I will post a pic of mine ,,

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't clarify. I'm looking at one of the new CTS models. I started looking today and had a really itchy trigger finger, but held off for now. Next week might be a different story though (my credit card resets this weekend)... :sly

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I couldn't hold off... Today I ordered the Edge Insight CTS, the EGT probe, and a dash pod. Hopefully everything will be here Friday.

Now I need to figure out the best way to match the dash pod (comes black, I believe) to my tan interior. Anyone already have a good match and know the color so that I don't have to guess?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
The color code is on the drivers door post. Look for Interior color code. You can take that to an Auto Parts store and get a color match for your truck, and spray the black pod.

Dave

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never knew that there was a color code for the interior. Good to know!

I'll check out the door post tomorrow when I go to work. Hopefully the paint is easy to find... next thing I'll be posting about is how to drill and tap the manifold for the EGR probe!

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPS dropped everything off this morning!! Somehow, my order got upgraded to next day air (free of charge), so my Insight was waiting for me when I got home. I can't install until next week, on account of the truck goign in to the dealer for some warranty work (oil leak), but this will give me some time to get the dash pod painted to match.

I just did a test fit, and noticed some clearance issues with the pillar. Anyone else have these issues?

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they are doing next day air for free .. very cool IMHO

TexasA&M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got it all wired in, except for the EGT probe. So far, I like it. It's a pretty slick setup. I ended up using the windshield mount that came stock with the display because my a-pillar lights get in the way of the dash pod. My only complaint is that it's quite difficult to unplug the unit, which is a pain because I'd like to be able to remove it from sight, depending on where I'm parked. Someone might want it enough to break a window... I'll figure that out as I get used to it a little more.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhensonsr