EGR, MAS, & CAT

ISurvivedNMU

Reaction score
With the Ford 6.0's, have there been any issues with open EGR's from adding a larger exhuast, and removing the CAT... The Chevys have a issue,so I suspect the Fords have the same issue.

I know there are programmers working on keeping the EGR closed? And I have seen the plates to close off the Chevy EGR, but not the Ford? -popcorn

Is this due to the unavailability of place to talk about this, or is it a non-issue? ;)

mjstef

Big Sky Country.........
Reaction score
My EGR has been unplugged since day 1. Still the EGR cooler went bad and had to be changed..... :eek:

Max Power

Reaction score
I realise that but there might be other side effects by just setting codes. I'd be really interested to see what the codes are. I could try it but I don't have a Can-bus scanner. My scanner is upgradable but apparantly the can-bus upgrade is not released yet :(

mjstef

Big Sky Country.........
Reaction score
All i know is i lost 1mpg when the dealer put the new cooler in and i gained it right back when i unhhoked the EGR valve........ :confused: :confused:

Max Power

Reaction score
Did it stay that way or did it eventually go back down 1mpg? We were seeing gains on the duramax as well but they quickly faded back to where they were before the mod. A guy by the name of fingers eventually made a circuit reffered to as 'finger stick' that fools the MAF into thinking that the EGR is functioning correctly. No codes, no hicups and best of all no sooty intake. It also works for removing the Cat. So that is why I am interested in learning more about the 6.0L EGR. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64