electrical issues

lomac9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2006 250 Lariat. Have had issues w/ the temperature selector going out. (where you cant see any digital display or control heat or a/c). Ive been able to turn the truck off and back on again and seems to do the trick most of the time. I replaced my batteries over the summer but now there seems to be a drain on them from somewhere. Now its gotten worse. While driving down the road all the suddden the light will come on low batteries and the truck will start bucking a little and ALL gauges in the cluster panel go to zero and the truck shuts down. Can restart and get down the road 10-15 mins and it will do it all over again. Ive checked the batteries and they are 12v without the truck running and 14v w/ truck running. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have this truck just sitting not able to work out of it.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
man, that just sounds like it has a loose ground somewhere...

NJKen

Is a proud new daddy
Reaction score
man, that just sounds like it has a loose ground somewhere...
Yup.
If not a loose ground, a major short circuit. Check all the cable connections on the batteries, starter, and everything else the attach to. You may just stumble onto something.
Ken

lomac9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will check all those and I forgot to add the last coule times it had done it the ABS light has came on as well

lomac9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a ground that was rusted where it connected to the chassis. Cleaned it up and no problems since. Thanks again for the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14