Help Needed Electrical power won't shut off!!

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
I think this problem is tied in with the dome light problems from another posting of mine. Any time it rains, my truck acts like the key is still turned on. I came out this morning and my blower motor for the A/C was running on low. It was enough to run my batteries down really low. The ignition switch was in the off position and the key was not in it. I even moved the ignition switch around some to see if I could shut power off like that, but it didn't work (I did this without the key in). I have a feeling it might be a problem with the Generic Control Module. I don't know why I'm thinking that. Anyone have input on this? I need lots of opinions on this please.

Drew

airdrew99

Living for Him
Reaction score
Well, I found about 5 drops of water on the fuse block plugs when I unplugged them. The GEM module looked clean and dry inside. I couldn't get the fuse block open (even though I released all the plastic tabs). I could pry it open some and it looked rusted and corroded, but just a small amount. I sprayed electrical contact cleaner inside as best as possible. I reassembled everything and it is working fine. I don't see where the water is leaking in from around the windshield. Has anyone put a shield over the top of the GEM module/fuse block to deflect any rain that gets in?

Drew

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot who it was but there was a post on something about there fuse box was shorting out because of water in behind it and things were coming on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14