Help Needed Electrical transmission problem Help!

carneytowing

Wrecker
Reaction score
My truck is throwing tranny codes P0766 and P2703. I've always had a problem with a delay in engaging between P and R or D, but never any codes or real issue when driving. Now recently after a particularly hard day at work a couple weeks ago, it is having a bunch of issues that are frustratingly inconsistent. It drops out of gear when I hit the brakes at low speed or turn and brake (sometimes), other times it hangs in 2nd or 3rd (not sure) when I come to a stop and bogs down when I try and take off, then after a few seconds at steady pedal it will drop down to 1st and more quickly if I give it gas. Sometimes it will skip from 1st to 3rd and bog down on take off, more so when I have a load and I am easy on the pedal. It seems like when I am hammering on it, the tranny runs smooth. I replaced the direct clutch solenoid a few days ago and cleared the codes to try and fix the problem and it has the same issues. It even threw codes again but then I cleared them accidentally before I could see what the codes were. I've been trying all morning to get the truck to throw codes again but it won't, and it's still doing the same crap. Does anyone know what might be going on? I got an estimate for $1800 for a rebuild but I really think its something more simple.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
It might help us if you told us something about the truck. I assume it is a 6.0 but what year? P0766 is a solenoid problem with the tranny and I can't find any reference to P2703. How many miles on the transmission? Why do you think it is simple fix with all of the problems you are having? Looks like rebuild time to me.

Dave

carneytowing

Wrecker
Reaction score
Yeah, it is a '07 6.0. Once the transmission engages, it is solid, and the problems only occur at low rpm, that's why I think it is an electrical issue. I am currently doing a valve body swap out of a wrecked 6.0 to see if it fixes the problem, if not, then maybe rebuild time, it has about 160k on it

carneytowing

Wrecker
Reaction score
Well, swapped the valve body, and it seems like I fixed it. I only drove it around my block a few times, but I am exhausted and I am going to save the rest of the testing for tomorrow. I will post what I find out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58