comment Electronic door lock issue

gsande

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
:sly
Well as suspected.My local Ford dealer says all 4 door acuators need replaced to the tune of $660 to fix door lock issue.And they say some sort of "glitch" must have occurred w/ stereo lights issue and would have to be "tracked down" w/ unknown cost.But they did assure me that neither issue could be caused by one of the batteries being weak.Any opinions out there??

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
The actuators are known to fail on a regular basis. If one of your batteries are bad I would replace them both before changing anything else. A bad battery can do all sorts of weird things to the system and only changing one out of two is just asking for trouble.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
$600 is insane! When I replaced my actuators it was only 20-30 dollars for each. Don't get me wrong it does take a bit of work to swap them out but it is worth it to do it yourself if you have some mechanical ability. I got my parts from powerstrokeshop.

Scott

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
wow i missed this thread..... that sounds a bit high, and maybe there is more to it but why would 4 door actuators go bad at once? was the truck struck by lightning? im with crumm, change the batts and see how everything is after.

gsande

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Our dealer just highly reccommended doing all 4 as he stated they would all just go bad soon anyway.I took a ddor panel off and the acuator seemed hard to get at as did the wiring.Am on my way to have batteries check now.

gsande

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
New batteries are in.No change in how door locks are acting and lights in stereo are still out.Oh well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58