'ello everybody

mike.germann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked into SDD today. Hoping to learn the do's and don'ts of diesel tuning and off-roading, from all you seasoned fella's.

Recently bought a 99 F350 PowerStroke super duty, with a Garrett GTP38R ball-bearing turbo, 4" turbo back exhaust by Banks, AFE stage II intake system, Diesel Performance F5 tuner, ATS transmission upgrade, 2004 Dana 60 in the front w/ 4.56 gears, Sterling 10.25 in the rear with 4.56 gears, ARB full-replacement bumper with Warn 12,000 pound winch, 4" lift with Edelbrock shocks, sittin on Mickey Thompson 39's on Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels. Detroit loclker and Warn premium hubs.

It's got projector headlights, smoked cab lights, and BushWacker fender flares. A-pillar Phantom II gauges inside (pyro, fuel press, trans temp, boost psi).

Lovin the truck so far! Powerpowerpower.

However....it's my first turbo diesel. AND my first 4WD. There's more equipment on the truck than I'm familiar with....

...and as we ALL have experienced at one point or another, a driver's IGNORANCE is what breaks stuff.

So, needless to say. I would like to read up on as much as I can about maintainance, turbo's, how all the equipment functions, i.e., lockers (when to use, how they work) hubs, etc.

Eager to learn :)

Looking forward to this site as a good resource!

-Mike G

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Hey Mike :SDD2. You will get the hang of it. Don't baby it and get on it every once in a while.

Dave :)

TUGGER

Reaction score
Welcome
the members have so much information they are willing to help you.
You found the right place

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14