Engine Mod Advice needed

Discussion in '6.7L PowerStroke Engine & Drivetrain' started by Lucas, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Lucas

Lucas SDD Junior Member

I'm about to re-engage in my 2016 wrecked F350 rebuild. While I don't plan on needing to remove the cab, it probably wouldn't take an hour from here. Are there any modifications for my 6.7 that I will wish I had done at this point? I'm not looking to boost performance really, but if there are ways to improve reliability or longevity I'd appreciate the input. I've heard of a few issues in the very first versions of these diesels, how about 2016?

2. gary candito

gary candito SDD Junior Member

what issues did the first gen have (I have a 2011) 70k miles and nothing so far,, thanks in advance Gary

3. Lucas

Lucas SDD Junior Member

I don't remember for sure... I think there were some cases where glow plugs were breaking apart. My understanding is they changed their design. I also believe your oil pan is plastic. Again, can't remember if there was a leak problem or something, or if that was just an indicator of the early models. Sorry, not real helpful. Replacing the glow plugs is what was recommended to me, if I was to get a truck with the first rendition.

4. carbonation

carbonation SDD Junior Member

Plastic tube from intercooler to intake.
    They will let go at the most critical time, like when pulling an RV and passing a truck.
    https://www.thoroughbreddiesel.com/122011/
    Your 16 is the sweet spot for Scorpion development. It's very reliable.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020