Engine shuts off while driving!!

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
I'm talking about the unit the dealer puts in and plugs into the OB2 port I've seen some dealers need new ones because they got broken or they have only one to put on and they could have it on someone elses truck but I'll get to the other point my trucks in the Fleet needed harnesses and there was no chaffing I think ford had manufacturing problems as to who ever made the harnesses had screwed up because one of mine had injector harness issues after it was on the road for only one month with 1000 miles on it and there was no physical signs of a harness problem at all the shop mechanic got tired of messing with it he even changed the EGR because he thuoght it could be an every so often deal and might not be throwing a code.

Most of the wiring in my E-series is made in Honduras, it says it at least twice on every harness, so the quality might not be as good as you wish.

Guinness

superdudiest
Reaction score
Get the black box put on when it starts shutting off more frequent. MY buddy was hunting this same issue for the last 6 months. When looking at the output of the box their was no FICM to PCM sync.. they wouldnt change anything out until it finally died altogether - it ended up being the ficm

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Well, I tore it all apart tonight and confirmed the wiring harness to be the new style that was installed in the late '05 models. Everything looked good all the way to the intake manifold then the chafing began. There were three manifold bolts on the driver side that the wiring harness laid on. The first two were OK but the last one, almost under the turbo, was starting to wear pretty bad. I actually had to pull it off the bolt. I couldn't really pull it off to look at it but it didn't feel too bad. It felt like it may have worn through the harness cover. As far as I could see, the wires were not chafed but again, I couldn't really see too good. I ended up cutting up some high pressue fuel hose and using it as a buffer everywhere it looked like the harness was even close to chafing. Hopefully, if the wires were chafed and grounding out on the bolt, the fuel hose will prevent any further issues. We'll see.....:dunno

If you own a 6.0, I would definately check this out. If mine is rubbing, so is yours......

maybe you could post a pic or two
great find

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I'm talking about the unit the dealer puts in and plugs into the OB2 port I've seen some dealers need new ones because they got broken or they have only one to put on and they could have it on someone elses truck but I'll get to the other point my trucks in the Fleet needed harnesses and there was no chaffing I think ford had manufacturing problems as to who ever made the harnesses had screwed up because one of mine had injector harness issues after it was on the road for only one month with 1000 miles on it and there was no physical signs of a harness problem at all the shop mechanic got tired of messing with it he even changed the EGR because he thuoght it could be an every so often deal and might not be throwing a code.

FYI, periods are free (unless your key is broke) and makes it easier to read what you have to say...
Here you can borrow a few from me............

:tongue2

Hope that solves your problem Fullthrottle :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg