Everybody needs a good utility trailer around the house

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Picked this up about 2 weeks ago. Saw it while driving down the road and made a U-turn to go back to look at it.

Only gave 1050.00 for it. I have been told by more than a couple of people that I stole it at that price.

It is a 2006 year model, 6'X16' dual axles, with electric brakes on the rear axle.
All of the tires are a different make, but all the same size. They have pretty good tread on them for now, so no need for new tires anytime soon.

Of course, my 'MODDING' nature took over and I have already done a few things to it. :sly

Had to replace the taillights right off the bat. The originals were junk.
I put 4 D-rings on the bed so far, may add a couple more.
I put bearing buddies on the read axle, front already had them.
2 amber and 2 red side marker lights on each side. (I have this thing about being able to see my trailer at night. Wanna make sure it's still back there)
Made a spiffy new tailgate out of 2x6's and 5/4 deck boards. Made for a good place to put the tag and some reflectors. (it also doubles as a good walking ramp when loading and unloading)
Got the ramps locked in on each side with some hefty padlocks.
Yesterday I splurged and put some new 15"x7" White American Wheels on it.

One of the wheels that came on it was cracked around all 5 lugs, so I took care of that problem already.

It pulls straight, brakes work nice and I have already hauled my FIL's Med. size John Deere on it and it has a front end loader and had a big box blade on it.

It may not be a PSD, but you can get the MOD fever on anything. Time to cool down and stop spending money on it for now.

The only thing I would like to add is an aluminum utility trailer tool box at the front, but they cost over 220.00 bucks. That can wait.

trlr3.jpg

trlr6.jpg

trlr2.jpg

trlr5.jpg

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
i have the perfect box for your trailer, and by the way thats a STEAL

its made by highway products and i used it in my 350, its been taking up space in the barn for a year now

you can easily put three criminal aliens in it...

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
PB, that box is just too big for my trailer.

I am looking at getting one of those boxed that is made to fit on the tongue.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
1 day after getting the new wheels and deciding NOT to put new tires on the trailer, I cut a tire somehow. Glad I didn't buy the new ones. Bought a good pull-off for 25.00.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64