Exhaust Brake Questions

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
There are versions out there that can be wired up so that when the brake peddle is very lightly touched it comes on and when you let off for acceleration the brake turns off.
Here is an system developed by Swamp Donkey this system is for use with the brake peddle, it is a good write up as well:
http://hometown.aol.com/jzettel73/EBPV_Brake.html

Hope it helps

Neal

jrgmtday

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am trying to complete this but am having a little trouble finding the purple with yellow tracer from the torque convetor lockup? It is on '99 late 2wd. Thanks in advance.

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I am bringing this back from the dead cause I finally got around to trying to finish the install, but

I CAN'T FIND ANY OF THE UNDER HOOD WIRES!!!

OK, I'm done screaming now. You would thing that someone who has spent a fair amount of time under the hood would be able to find specific wires. If any one has pictures or something else to tell me that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :thanks

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
It is labeled as EBPV Electrical Connection. Yours will look a little different since you have a intercooler but it is still in the same location just buried a little deeper.

30292969OoIvPfKSKG_ph.jpg

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i gotta chime in hear too. i also have been looking to add one. just printed out the ebpv info.:thanks crumm. looks like i may try that too.
i just have a question for tail gunner. you said the dealer installed it.:dunno obviously for a cost-how much? did they hesitate/void warranty?:thanks

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
red 6 0-no said:
i gotta chime in hear too. i also have been looking to add one. just printed out the ebpv info.:thanks crumm. looks like i may try that too.
i just have a question for tail gunner. you said the dealer installed it.:dunno obviously for a cost-how much? did they hesitate/void warranty?:thanks
I just thought I'd let you know, your 6.0 doesn't have an EBPV. If you want an exhaust brake on the 6.0, you have to add a complete unit.
You would be looking a real long time on the 6.0 for the wires, so I thought I'd save you the trouble!:D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14