exhaust brake

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To slow of a speed and the truck will buck (at least my car does), but the EBPV will have no exhaust to constrict at slower speeds.
Jesse

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
orion_134 said:
I think I figured out the wiring. My switch is horizontal, from the back it looks like this:
/ \ 1 2
I I 3 4
\ / 5 6
I was thinking:
1 12v
2 ground
3 EBPV
4 TCC
5 Brake light
6 ground

And wire just one LED to come on when the EBPV is getting 12v, wire 3 and 4 (basically only coming on with the TCC, which only comes on when the EBPV is closed) keeping the diodes in the same place mentioned above....sound right? Joat?
Jesse

This sound right?

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ttt, Does an early 99 even have an EBPV? I'm having trouble finding it, I've got everything else wired.
Jesse

Last edited:

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, then I need some help locating the plug...happen to have any pics? I looked for it behind the intake pipes, facing forward, mounted on the turbo pedestal, below the compressor...any help?
Jesse

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I know someone has a picture but let me try to explain it. Let me start by saying it is HARD to get too. Remove engine cover(black plastic thingie over fuel filter). Stand on the drivers side front tire and look in under intake tube from air cleaner to turbo. You will see a plug on the front of the turbo. Thats the one.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Here is one on a 97'. Just pretend there are intercooler pipes there too. The 99' has them but the 97' does not.

attachment.php

orion_134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...I looked and looked and searched and looked and have come to the realization...unless after 97 they moved the plug for the EBPV, I don't have one. Anyone have any knowledge of this?
Jesse

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have one, unless someone added a different pedestal to your truck... This is the best shot I have, This is with the turbo removed, the plastic connection you see somewhat covered by the rag... Thats the one. Its on the turbo ped.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14