Question exhaust filter burn

black super 350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
wondering how often and how long are the cleanings supposed to be?

i've seen it come on info screen sometimes and never lasted more than split second.
the other night it came on about 5 mile from home, it was still on when i got home and still on in the morning for another 5-6 before it went off.
what's considered normal?

dsonyay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've only noticed mine come on two times. I noticed the engine sounded different and responded different each time. I have 28K miles on mine. It may have happened more than twice, I just may have missed it. But I drive all highway. I saw an announcement come on in the data display one time, but I barely noticed it. The first time I didn't see the announcement but when I did a system check, the computer said the exhaust filter was cleaning.

black super 350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've only noticed mine come on two times. I noticed the engine sounded different and responded different each time. I have 28K miles on mine. It may have happened more than twice, I just may have missed it. But I drive all highway. I saw an announcement come on in the data display one time, but I barely noticed it. The first time I didn't see the announcement but when I did a system check, the computer said the exhaust filter was cleaning.

yeah, i wonder if the announcement stays on the whole time its cleaning?:dunno
i've seen it flash on message center several times, but it was slit second.
only every stayed on the one time. that one caught me on way home from 14hr night shift and i wasn't about to drive around the block waiting for it to go out!:eek:
thanks

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regen will pick up where it left off until it deems itself clean. If you do very short drive cycles, it will take longer than if you were cruising the highway for 20-30 min. I believe that when the regen starts on job 2 and newer it only indicates briefly on the dash.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58