Exhaust filter cleaning

R66SS427

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
How often does this 6.4 "clean" the exhaust filter? I have just ove 450 miles and the "cleaning exhaust filter" signal has come on twice already. Is this the DPF that everybody deletes?

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
DPF Delete

Deleting the DPF filter or altering any of the exhaust components is highly NOT recommended and not to mention ilegal!!!!!!!!! You can and will be sited, ticketed, fined ect. Fare warning for all you new age PSD owners... :watchout

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Not the point

Older engines that don't have strigent emission controls don't have to meet the new standards required by law. Ford trucks have been drastically effected by emissions and that's why the T444E is not in service anymore, mods or no mods. Oxides of nitrogen are down to a minimum PPM count because of the federal goverment and EPA. I know of two people personally that have been fined for removing just the tailpipe on the 6.4l Powerstroke. I'm putting out "fare warning" not threats.

MorePowerMike

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
How often does this 6.4 "clean" the exhaust filter? I have just ove 450 miles and the "cleaning exhaust filter" signal has come on twice already. Is this the DPF that everybody deletes?

That would be the lovely regeneration. Deleting the DPF will get rid of it. Remember during regen, raw fuel is being dumped into the exhaust, meaning bye bye fuel economy. This is where a bulk of the mpg gains after dpf deletes come from.

Reverend Jim

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
mine has 11k on it. the regen kicks on after 400 miles or so.( one full tank). Lately it was coming on every time I drove it! Turns out I wasn't "allowing" it to finish, so it would restart every time I got in it. I live in the communist state of NJ, so there's no chance of a delete.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Romie64