Exhaust kit

Discussion in '6.7L PowerStroke Power & Performance' started by devgru2011, Dec 9, 2012.

1. devgru2011

devgru2011 SDD Junior Member

I spoke to the guys at my local ford dealer and they said that there is a kit by mbrp that will get rid of that y tip on the exhaust. It's a boot on kit and its not a warranty killer. Does anyone know what they are talking about?

2. W4RLR

W4RLR High Tech Hillbilly

Perhaps a new 4" MBRP exhaust? My new exhaust came with a nice looking bolt on tip, but my truck has a 6.0. It does keep the cat, and the 6.4 exhaust kit keeps the DPF.

3. sagebel

sagebel Stock? Pfft!

MBRP, AFE, and a few others make a DPF back kit. I have the 5" MBRP kit with a 6" tip.
    [​IMG]

4. devgru2011

devgru2011 SDD Junior Member

Did it void your warranty? And how does it sound?

5. sagebel

sagebel Stock? Pfft!

Didn't void the warranty. It only replaces everything behind the emissions equipment (or a delete pipe if you do choose to void your warranty). I haven't really noticed a change in the sound. The truck is still very quiet unless you add a delete pipe.

6. TankRN

TankRN SDD Junior Member

Morning. Just reviving an older thread. I am looking at a DPF back exhaust system. I'm looking at magnaflow dual exhaust tip, stainless steel with a 5" pipe. Keeping all the EPA junk and only removing the "muffler" if you can call it that...

I'm hoping to get a little more sound and turbo whine. It sounds like they don't make much difference, I guess with all the EPA stuff there is no real sound gains, but I also like the look. So i say that to ask, "Is there any reason to go with that type of system or should I just look at exhaust tips for the aesthetics?

7. 02Oilburner

02Oilburner SDD Power Hungry

DPF back is just for looks. You might have a different sound through the 5 inch pipes but the EPA junk keeps everything clogged up and quiet.

8. TankRN

TankRN SDD Junior Member

That is what I was afraid of... Sounds like I'll save the cash and do something else. Thanks.