Exhaust ?

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am installing my new exhaust and the stock downpipe is wrapped, do I need to wrap the new downpipe? The exhaust is a MBRP 3.5 down and 4 out with no cat.

Thanks
Scott

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, what was the wrap for? Also on the bottom of the stock downpipe there was a mini muffler or something of that sort, what was that for? Anyway, I have the new exhaust on and I think the turbo is louder than with the stock one minus muffler and kitty. The exhaust note itself isn't as loud but I can live with that I guess. I can now reach 26-27 on the turbo gauge when before it was only 24. I do know one thing though, I love that big 5" coffee can sticking from under the fender!! :sweet

Scott

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Thanks, what was the wrap for?
Heat, it is supposed to keep heat from entering the cab on the passenger side and anything else in the area. I don't know of any aftermarket exhaust that comes with it, for that matter needs it. I have had no problems on my 00 after 60K plus miles. You could buy some header wrap from Jegs or Summit if you feel the need tho.
Also on the bottom of the stock downpipe there was a mini muffler or something of that sort, what was that for?
Scott
My truck did not come with a cat so maybe thats what you're talking about?

Exhaust sounds good huh?

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh Yeah, exhaust sounds real good with alot deeper tone. As far as the cat, mine had one of those and it has been deleted so that wasn't it. This was actually part of the downpipe and wasn't removeable.

Scott

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
That would be called a resonater (the mini muffler on the downpipe). It helps in muffling the exhaust noise also. Now you know your neighbors aren't going to like you with that kitty kat off. The turbo is very loud without it. I run without it and love it. Makes peoples heads turn around real quick when you go by them. Also when you are at the track it is a good mental phsyc out on unsuspecting opponents.

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed the attention it gets when she is whistling :thumbs I have actually figured out the gear and rpm range that makes her louder. I love it!

Scott

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14