exhaust

jto89

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
So in the summer i built a custom 4" side exit exhaust. it was great for the summer and i love the sound but now we are well into the winter months and my neighbors dont like when i fire the truck up at 6 in the morning and let it idle for a couple mins just enough time for the ebv to kick in and make one h@!! of a wistle( no muffler by the way). I got a banks monster muffler from my boss for free and i was wondering if i could just buy the over the axle pipe frome the outlet of the muffler anywere instead of having one made. Thanks for any help in advance
Jack

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet you could go to a good local muffler shop and ask about it... they could get you Just that tail piece.. or hook you up with where to git it ?

joe

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shoot the neighbors...lol I would not change it for that. Do you have a down pipe on it?

jto89

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
haha i agree dogman... i still have the stock downpipe. i want to leave it but i people also complain when im plowing there driveway at 2:30 in the morning and they jump up not knowing what is going on lol

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
i don't think the banks muffler well cut don't much on the whistle will it? and you could find ya a good price on a cat back system? then just take off or add what ya need to make it work

wpfd571

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a 4" magnaflow kit from summit that was around $350, its a universal kit that covers all the wheel bases so if you have a shorter truck you have some left over pipe. I had enough to straight pipe my truck, i had the muffler on but it was to quiet.

I think you would be better off just to buy a whole kit than to piece one together you'll be ahead in the long run

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58